What we do
- AWE’s operations in the north Perth Basin are located near the town of Dongara approximately 360km north of Perth and 65km south of Geraldton in Western Australia.
- Health, safety and environment protection are our highest priorities.
- We are actively exploring, appraising, developing and producing oil and gas in a number of locations.
- AWE’s projects cover the full life-cycle range in oil and gas, from exploration to production and decommissioning.
- The locations of our current projects are highlighted in the following map. More details on projects are below the map:
There are currently both conventional and unconventional projects in the Perth Basin at various stages of project life-cycle including:
- Senecio/Waitsia field appraisal (AWE Operator)
- Drover-1 exploration (AWE Operator)
- Irwin-1 exploration (AWE Operator by agreement with Origin Energy)
- Arrowsmith-2 exploration
- Woodada Deep-1 exploration (AWE Operator)
- Dongara Processing Facility (AWE Operator)
- Corybas (AWE Operator)
- Cliff Head
- Beharra Springs
AWE is undertaking well site decommissioning activities in the Shire of Irwin as part of a campaign to rehabilitate well sites which are no longer in use. Decommissioning is an established industry practice undertaken at the end of a well’s life using a decommissioning plan approved by the government regulator.