- The Arrowsmith-2 well is located approximately 30km north of the township of Eneabba in the north Perth Basin within exploration permit EP413.
- This site is operated by Norwest Energy Limited, an ASX listed company. AWE holds a 44.252% interest in this site.
- Arrowsmith-2 is situated within the Arrowsmith Lakes Environmentally Sensitive Area and special environmental protection measures have been implemented.
- In 2012, five fracture stimulation treatments (five stages) were carried out over four different formations: the High Cliff Sandstone/Lower Irwin River Coal Measures (Stage 1) , the Upper Irwin River Coal Measures (Stage 2), the Carynginia Shale (Stage 3 and 4) and the Kockatea Shale (Stage 5).
- A 14-day well test and production logging program was undertaken by the operator during 2014 and reported that the Carynginia Formation and the Irwin River Coal Measures (IRCM) are the dominant zones.
- This information, together with the results of the 3D seismic acquisition program planned for mid-2015, will be used to select the target zone and location of the potential Arrowsmith-3 horizontal well.